Sr. Java Developer
We are looking for a Tech Lead/Sr Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Java developer responsibilities include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- The challenges of this role are as high as they come, around 7-8 years of experience is in developing web applications with JEE/Spring might allow you to face them if you are that particular type of old school Software Engineer
- Besides the back-end knowledge of Java that is required, you will be involved in the operations side as well, so DevOps experience with high focus on cloud-based operating systems, particularly AWS is highly desired Other operations tools we will be using are Jenkins, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes Big Data - Kafka, Spark Python experience could also be of great use, as well as low latency systems knowledge
- Object-Oriented Analysis and design using common design patterns
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, PostgreSQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with build tools (Maven, Gradle)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.