You lead one or more delivery teams in developing high-value software for our clients. You manage and are responsible for the deliverypartner with the Department Manager (line manager) for growth and evaluation of the members of your teams(s). The Department Manager is responsible at the end.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Lead the Team
Manages the team in producing working software each iteration in accordance with the team’s commitments.
Facilitates planning sessions, team meetings, and other “rituals” such as the daily standup, iteration planning, iteration kickoff, iteration review, and retrospectives.
Ensures that the backlog of work for the team is well-defined with respect to scope, clarity of requirements, and acceptance criteria.
Helps remove roadblocks to delivery success.Helps the team follow its defined process, and leads process improvement efforts.
Leads the team for the right mindset, using our strengths to drive innovation in addressing our customers’ needs.
Leads the team in developing a consultative approach when facing the customer.
Understands the client’s business strategy and objectives as it relates to the product being developed; ensures that the client’s expectations are met or exceeded.
Leads the team to develop this understanding.
Dives in with the team, participating in requirements, analysis, design, coding, and testing activities as needed.
Oversees the completion of stories, ensuring that the team understands what “Done” means for each story.
Assures that all production deliveries meet acceptance, operational, and quality criteria.
Interfaces between the team and the customer.
Communicates effectively within the team and with all stakeholders by providing high-quality visibility into planned and actual deliverables.
Act as liaison between the client’s business organization and software delivery teams.
Develops detailed software requirements for software delivery teams.
Analyze current client business processes and suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of business.
Develops camaraderie and strong collaboration across both the YOPESO team and client team.
Actively demonstrates and teaches strong consulting skills to teammates.
Understands the full set of product development capabilities and speaks to them holistically.
Proactively develops a deep "trusted advisor" relationship with the primary buyer.
Assists in developing strategies to take advantage of opportunities within the account and works collaboratively with the Account Manager to execute them.
- Manage Agile projects of various degrees of complexity
- Ensure efficient collaboration with onshore and offshore client teams
- Project planning, monitoring, and control
- Scope, Change, Team managemen
- Stakeholder, Risk, Communication, Cost management
- Set and manage project expectations with the client, team, and any other stakeholders
- Moderate Agile ceremonies and ensure follow-up where needed
- Support the implementation of best practices
- Motivate and responsibilize project teams
- Develop business relationships with new and existing clients
- Monitor client satisfaction
- Report and escalate to management any risks or issues that can’t be handled at the project level
- Leading client workshops and pitche
- Review new projects with a group of technical leads and create a proposal
- Manage project handovers
- Create necessary project documentation
- Prepare and present project reports
- Coach junior members of the PM department
- Collaborate with the PM group in their effort to continuously improve standards and processes at company level
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Good understanding of the SDLC and associated processes and practices
- 3+ years of managing software development projects
- 5+ years working in the software development industry
- Experience delivering web and mobile projects on time and within budget
- Experience managing projects from inception to the final handover or maintenance
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including time management and attention to detail
- Analytical thinking, strong problem solver
- Experience with creating and monitoring budgets
- Risk management experience
- Ability to analyze and understand business needs for different domains of activity
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office or the Google office suite
- Experience JIRA, Confluence, and GitHub
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
What we offer.
- International and challenging projects, new technologies
- Implementing innovative ideas
- Learning context (professional team, learning materials etc.)
- Professional growth opportunities
- A competitive salary that will be discussed based on selection results
- A full-time permanent job
- A friendly environment within an enthusiastic team
- Social activities with the colleagues