Lead Developer – PYTHON
We are looking for a seasoned Python developer who can also act as a Technical Leader within our team.
A few words about the position: developing server-side applications for a major client in the online purchasing/ticketing market in the United States of America. As a team lead you will be in charge of elaborating, proposing, and implementing new features, enhancing the currently existing code base, and providing technical assistance for other team members about the client’s infrastructure and deployment flows.
As you will be constantly interacting directly with the client, the position requires proficiency in both spoken and written English, and also a willingness to speak up and be assertive whenever you feel like your ideas would be beneficial.
- Analyze business needs
- Participate in the conception and development of solutions
- Write tests to maintain the application's stability (dedicated testers)
- Bug fixing and identification of issues to resolve
- Participate in code-reviews and supporting other team members and their contributions
- Work with macOS and Linux OS basics (have intermediate knowledge and hands-on experience)
- Work within and collaborate with pluridisciplinar and multicultural teams
- The challenges of this role are quite high, so with 5+ years of experience designing, building and implementing web applications are definitely welcome
- Strong coding ability in Python and good knowledge of Bash
- Excellent team player with strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
- DevOps and infrastructure knowledge: Jenkins, Docker (emphasis on shared volume creation and handling), Encrypted communication (SSH key generation and usage)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git
- Proactive and eager in solving challenging problems
- College or university degree in software engineering or equivalent